About the client
Founded in 2008, EveryMatrix is a technology company that provides a SaaS suite of prize-winning B2B solutions for the iGaming industry in European and Asian locations. The suite comprises a fully managed sportsbook platform, a gaming management solution, a casino content aggregation system, a payment processing platform, and a multi-brand affiliate/agent management system. These products can work independently or can be integrated with existing platforms depending on the availability of proprietary frontends and backends.
EveryMatrix holds gaming licenses in a number of jurisdictions worldwide, and the list is constantly growing. They currently have 400 dedicated employees distributed across ten offices in Europe and Asia.
The client came with the challenge
For years, EveryMatrix has been offering its successful sports betting platform to dozens of operators. But as the feature set and volume of data being processed in the cloud began to grow dramatically, the platform’s reliability, scalability, performance, and extensibility started declining. The reason was its monolithic architecture. The application was too large and complex for changes to be implemented quickly and the cost of operation became too high. Our client had difficulties with development of tools for continuous deployment, 24/7 availability, and adoption of new technology so they started looking for a partner with relevant experience in custom sports betting platform development.
EveryMatrix needed to create an online sports betting software as an entirely new solution based on a more flexible multi-component architecture and a mainstream technology stack (JDK, MariaDB, Apache Kafka) for a reasonable price. Prior to this project, Intellias and EveryMatrix had already established a successful partnership on other projects based on the Dedicated Team service model and had set up a co-branded office in Lviv.
Collaboration on OddsMatrix started with a team of six sports betting software developers fixing the legacy application that was still in production. Concurrently, Intellias and EveryMatrix started analyzing requirements for the new multi-component architecture of the sports betting solution. Apart from designing new components just for OddsMatrix, the teams prepared detailed functional and technical descriptions of how to integrate with the existing environment, including with player bonuses, access control, and back-office tasks.
Once approved, the architecture design became the foundation for all-out Scrum development. At that point, we more than doubled the team size to 15 professionals including a product owner, a designer, a technical lead, developers, and quality control engineers to provide our client with high-end betting platform development.
Intellias’ contribution to the sports betting software development is:
- The entire OddsMatrix backend, which is responsible for odds processing, settling outcomes, presenting sports data feeds, settling and placing bets, and calculating risk.
- The reporting component that extracts sports data from the backend, performs data transformations, loads data into the data warehouse, and generates reports on multiple criteria.
We achieved great results together
The first release of the sportsbook platform and the sports data feed services have been highly appreciated by both existing operators and potential end clients. Intellias is now maintaining the released product and actively migrating existing operators from the legacy platform to the new sports betting software solutions.
Benefits for the client:
- Due to all-new sportsbook software development, operators now have access to over 25,000 events per month and more than 50 sports and 2,000 betting markets
- Entry into a new niche market with a brand-new component offering sports data feeds, pre-live and live odds suggestion feeds, and sure-bet feeds from multiple sports suppliers to end users
- Extended integration options: REST API for S2S integrations and web client API for operators who want to create their own frontend applications
- Refined architectural model that makes introducing new features quick and cost-efficient
- High fault tolerance and scalability, enabling easy addition of extra capacity in case of operator growth
- Greater product competitiveness compared to the legacy platform, guaranteeing a stable influx of new operators
- 24/7 technical support and expert assistance for operators that are building and administering sports betting applications
It was a great experience to speak to Intellias’ management, given that I was in touch with their CEO from day one and not with an assigned account manager.